media4us UK is holding a photography competition along the theme of ‘Cultural Mosaic’. The UK benefits from a rich diversity of people and cultures that help make it a vibrant place to live, work, and learn. Let your photo capture that essence!
- £250 and your photo featured in the Metro UK newspaper reaching over 1 million readers across the UK
- An expenses paid trip to an international media conference in the Netherlands
- Your photo entered into an international contest with the chance to have your photo published in other Metro newspapers in a selection of countries across Europe
Second place: £100
Third place: £50
*All winning photos will also be featured on the media4us website
- Contest is only open to residents of the UK.
- The competition is open to participants aged 18 and above.
- The closing date for the competition is 1 August 2012. Photos received after that date will not be considered.
- Winners will be selected by a panel of judges created by the Migrants Resource Centre.
Guidelines for entries
- Images must be no more than 3mb in size.
- Please do not submit more than 3 photos to the competition.
- Photos must be of sufficient resolution that they will be presentable at A5 size (min. 300 dpi).
- Photos must be sent in a standard image format (.jpg, .bmp, .tiff, etc.)
How to enter
Please send your photo(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org along with:
- The complete name of the photographer;
- Caption for your photo
- Your contact details including postal address, phone number, and email address so that we may contact you if you win.
- By submitting a photograph you: a) give us permission to publish it in on our websites, on the project’s Flickr page and in the METRO newspaper; and b) grant us a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide license to republish it in any format including without limitation in print and electronic formats; and b) you give us permission to use your name for the purpose of identifying you as the author of your photograph.
- We may cut, edit, crop or arrange your photograph(s) as we think fit to appear in print and on our websites, and we may remove your photograph(s) at any time. Your name will be published alongside your photograph(s), but we may edit or delete any comments which you submit along with your photograph(s).
- You must seek written permission from all parents/guardians to take images of their child/children and the said parents/guardians must have granted permission to the Migrants Resource Centre and its partners, to use the images taken and any other reproductions or adaptations thereof either complete or in part, alone or in conjunction with any wording or imagery for all uses in Migrants Resource Centre and media4us publications, promotions or other similar material.
- Images may be digitally enhanced to remove spots or scratches but not manipulated. Entrants can enhance the picture to make it brighter or clearer but not manipulate the content. The Migrants Resource Centre and the judges reserve the right to exclude any image they believe may have been treated so as to alter its authenticity.
- Winners will be notified no later than Monday 20 August 2012. Other participants will not be notified.
- If the winners are unable to be contacted after reasonable attempts have been made, the Migrants Resource Centre reserves the right to either offer the prize to a runner up, or to re-offer the prize in any future competition.